Establishing your membership savings account at KTCCU is the first step into opening an account. A minimum deposit of $5.00 is required to open a savings account in the credit union. Once your savings account is opened, you’ll have access to a multitude of KTCCU services. Our savings account will help you maximize your earning, reduce your costs, meet your goals, and access your funds when you need them. Your savings account can be used for overdraft protection, automatic loan payments, and deductions for easy money management.
Features of the savings account are:
- A $5.00 minimum deposit is required to open the account.
- Dividends declared and paid quarterly.
- The average daily balance is the dividend calculation method.
- Dividends are paid on balances of $50 or more.
Deposits are secured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
Open Account Online View Deposit Rates Deposit Insurance
Health Savings Account
Health Savings Accounts (HAS) are designed to help you manage your funds for out-of-pocket health care expenses. HSAs are available solely for individuals who have a high deductible health plan (HDHP). The account is a tool that allows you to pay for future qualified medical and retiree health expenses on a tax-free basis. Any adult can contribute to an HSA if they:
- Have coverage under an HSA qualified “high deductible health plan”.
- Have no other first-dollar medical coverage.
- Are not enrolled in Medicare.
- Can not be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s tax return.
The advantage of an HSA is:
- Security – Your high deductible insurance and HSA protect you against high or unexpected medical bills.
- Affordability – You should be able to lower your health insurance premiums by switching to health insurance coverage with a higher deductible.
- Flexibility – You can use the funds for current medical expenses or save for future expenses.
- Ownership – Funds remain in the account from year to year, just like an IRA. There are no “use it or lose it” rules for HSA.
- Tax Savings – A HSA provides you triple tax savings. Tax deductions when you contribute to your account; tax-free earnings on the account; and tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical expenses.
More HSA Information
Christmas Club Savings
Stash some cash in a Christmas Club account and you will be ready for your holiday shopping. Set-up automatic deposits into your Christmas Club Account with payroll deduction, deposit from your savings or checking, and watch the balance of the account grow. The first week in November your account funds will be transferred to your savings account in time for holiday savings.
Special Purpose Savings
Life events can be costly. Weddings, vacations, … the list goes on. You can create up 9 savings accounts designated for a special purpose. With a special purpose saving account, you can save more with the old adage of “out of sight, out of mind”. With funds separated from your regular savings or checking, you are less likely to dip in the account unexpectedly.