Certificate of Deposit
Maximize earnings even more when you deposit your funds in certificate of deposit. By choosing the term for the investment, you can lock in a higher dividend rate than a savings account.
Features of a certificate of deposit are:
- $500.00 minimum opening balance.
- Term from 3 to 48 months.
- Dividends are credited quarterly.
- An early withdrawal penalty is applied if the certificate is cash in before the term expires.
Early Withdrawal Penalty
We may impose a penalty if you withdraw any of the certificate before the maturity date. For 3 month certificate the penalty is 30 days of interest, for 6, 12, and 113 month certificates the penalty is 60 days of interest, for 18 to 48 month certificates the penalty is 150 days of interest. The penalty is calculated as a forfeiture of part of the dividends that have been paid or would be earned on your certificate. It applies whether the dividends or if the dividend has already been paid, the penalty will be deducted from the principal. At our option, we may pay the account before maturity without imposing an early withdrawal penalty when an account owner dies.
View Certificate Rates
Youth Share Certificate
The credit union offers a special certificate for youth savers. Youth certificates may be open for youth up to the age of 18. This is perfect way to save for future educational expenses. The dividend rate on this certificate is typically higher than similar term certificates.
Features of a youth certificate are:
- Open a youth certificate with a $100.00 minimum opening balance.
- Additional deposits may be made at any time in $25.00 increments.
- The term of the certificate is 13 months and can be automatically renewed to age 18.
View Youth Certificate Rates