KTCCU was chartered in November of 1949 and served the teach on Pittsburg State University. For a period, the credit union was operated out of the College Book Store and operated by P.A. Hoberholtzer the organizer and first member of the credit union. The credit union then moved to 105 W 5th Street and hired its first full time manager Al Blom. Mr. Blom retired in 1983 and was then managed by Henry Buset until 2002. During Mark Kolarik as President, the credit union's field of membership expanded to a trade area and specific county residents. In 1982 the credit union built a building at 416 N Broadway to serve the expanding membership. KTCCU is currently under the leadership of Elesa Parsons.
KTCCU’s mission is to be a sound, quality driven organization that provides the most desirable financial services for community members while safeguarding their assets.
To qualify for membership in KTCCU, one of the following conditions must be meet:
- Be an employee of any Kansas school;
- Work or reside in Allen, Anderson, Atchinson, Bourbon, Brown, Butler, Chase, Chautauqua, Cherokee, Clay, Coffey, Cowley, Crawford, Dickinson, Doniphan, Douglas, Elk, Franklin, Geary, Greenwood, Harper, Harvey, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Kingman, Labette, Leavenworth, Linn, Lyon, Marion, Marshall, McPherson, Miami, Montgomery, Morris, Nemaha, Neosho, Osage, Pottawatomie, Reno, Riley, Saline, Sedgwick, Shawnee, Sumner, Wabaunsee, Washington, Wilson, Woodson, Wyandotte, counties;
- Reside in the Pittsburg Kansas trade area:
- Be an employee of KTCCU;
- Be a family member of a current credit union member;
- Be an organization of a current credit union member.
Membership, once established, may continue regardless if the above conditions still apply.
Open an Account